Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Realms of Thereunder

I am writing this review with some trepidation.

I downloaded The Realms Thereunder for review from the publisher’s website; but having started several chapters, I know that the book is not going to be a pleasant read for me.

I have a couple of options, the best would be to request to be released from my obligation to review the book. Though that is my preferred option, it is not likely to happen.

The other is to write a very biased review. I generally have not liked fantasy/supernatural fiction (I have read the Chronicles of Narnia and The Lord of the Rings, but have avoided the Left Behind series like the plague), but had recently read a couple of books from this genre that I did enjoy so I thought I would try another. This option did not work. However, I don't wish to penalize the author/publisher because of my personal reading interests.

Hence, I am posting this brief response to the book. I do not expect my lack of interest in this book to generate much feedback, but it is an honest attempt to explain my response to the book. I do wish I could have been released from the promise I made to review the book; in lieu of that, I post this minimal response to the book. I do hope that others, who are more familiar with the genre can give it a more informed review.

This review is based on a free, electronic copy of the book provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating an unbiased review.

After posting this review I did receive permission to not review the book. In a second e-mail, I also receive a request to remove this review from my blog. Because the review was posted before I received any response to my request to be relieved of my obligation to review the book, I have chosen to retain this review on my blog.

No comments: