Thursday, April 19, 2012

God Loves Broken People: A Review



by

Sheila Walsh

A Review

Some books are fun to read.  Some books an encouragement.  Some books serve as a great reference.  Sheila Walsh’s latest book is all three.  

As I read, I thought I was reading something that I could have written.  One of the themes of my ministry is that we are all broken people in need of God’s grace.  Long ago, I learned to rephrase Thomas Harris’ classic popular “I’m OK - You’re OK”:

I’m not OK,
You’re not OK,
And that’s OK

It is a theme that Sheila Walsh also picks up in her first chapter.  I found the lessons in the book both helpful and true.  Written by a person that had to walk through tough times to finally understand what it means to experience the grace of God.  

The book is composed of stories and truths.  The stories are of those who have experienced brokenness in their lives.  The truths are rooted in scripture - and are valid for us all.  
______________
This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.



No comments: