Saturday, November 30, 2013

Memory's Door - A Review







A Review

Twice before I have chosen to not review a book.  The first time, the publisher agreed to release me from that obligation after sending a copy of the book.  The next time, I was sent only a very small sample of the book and felt that I could not give a fair and complete review based on that sample.  I notified the publisher that I would not be completing a review.  However, I liked what I did see of the sample, purchased the book for myself  and recently completed the review based on my now owning the complete book.

Once again I am choosing to prepare a less than complete review.  Having read the first six chapters of the book, I have found it difficult to follow and appreciate.  I will not be reading further.  I did read the preceding book by the same author based upon the same characters and thesis, as well as a number of other of his books, but this current effort seems less inviting than those books.   

The book is a fantasy - but unlike other Christian fantasies that I have read, it is difficult to discern the good and evil characters (at least within the brief part of the book I have read).  I did not find myself drawn to support or encourage the characters as they presented themselves.  

I may choose to finish the book at some future time, but for now, it is difficult for me to recommend this author’s current work to others.  I am sure other’s opinions with differ from mine, and my opinion may differ if I finish the book; but for now ...  
______________

This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are mine alone.  

No comments: