Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Frost Bible - A Review




Frost Bible.jpg

Thomas Nelson Publishers

A Review


I never thought I would say this - but I was disappointed in this Bible. Having adopted the “Frost” name, I expected this Bible to be of interest to a child who was enthralled with the Disney movie Frozen.  Having now seen the Bible, I no longer think this is the case. To verify my opinion, I also checked with my wife, an experienced preschool teacher; she agreed with my assessment.


With few exceptions, the Frost Bible is more a pew Bible than a devotional Bible or a Study Bible for any audience, even more so for the apparent intended audience. The few things that distinguish it from a pew bible are an included tote bag and 8-12 sheets of colored images. Those images have no connection to Frozen.  Also, the front cover and binding (not the back cover) has a “frosty” feel that might seem exciting if it added anything. Four color maps, much like you would expect to find in a pew Bible, are also included.


I had hoped this Bible would be a suitable Christmas gift for a Frozen enthralled grandchild. I will not be giving it this year. There are other and better choices for the granddaughter or grandson - The Frost Bible will not do.
______________

This review is based on a free copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: