Sunday, September 30, 2018

NKJV Spirit-Filled Life Bible Third Edition Leathersoft - A Review





NKJV Spirit-Filled Life Bible

Third Edition

Leathersoft

edited by
Jack Hayford

A Review

Thomas Nelson has created one of the better Study Bibles that have crossed my path. I find little wrong with this compilation of helps.

The helps are indexed and are presented in full color. The 500+ brief word studies scattered throughout are helpful, lots of practical helps (“Truth in Action”), and an extra -long concordance (compared to most Study Bibles), all add extra value to this new edition. I was surprised that the includes two ribbon bookmarks rather than the three ribbon bookmarks found in the leather edition. Built with a nice sturdy cover, the book feels solid and well-built.

Concerns are minor and personal. Though I am not a fan of Jack Hayford’s theology, this is a book that I am still glad to have in my library – it has valued thoughts from a leader of the church. Similarly, I am concerned about the choice to put Jesus words in red. I much prefer a Bible with all text in a common black font. Finally, all of the helps add considerable weight to this Bible. I can see this book being used at my desk, rather than being carried into church on a Sunday morning.

This would not be the first Study Bible I would add to my library – but it does belong there.
______________
This review is based on a free copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review. The opinions are mine alone.



No comments: