Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Caught Up In It - A Review





Caught Up In It


by
David Burnsworth

Given Henery Press’s reputation for cozy mysteries, I was disappointed in this offering. The story is considerably more hard-boiled than most of the books published with this imprint - incorporating significantly more drinking, smoking and vaping, and violence. The story, moving from Asia to South Carolina to Las Vegas to Los Angeles, did hold my interest; but, at the same time, it was not my cup of tea. 

I suspect there would many that would find Blu Carraway’s lifestyle and friends to be interesting, so I need to be careful. A movie based upon the book, unless carefully edited, would quickly acquire a “R” rating. As I tend to avoid “R” rated movies, I should have avoided this book. Sadly, I did not.
______________
This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review. The opinions expressed are my own.


No comments: