Monday, September 7, 2015

A Sherlock Holmes Devotional - A Review




A Sherlock Holmes Devotional
Uncovering the Mysteries of God


by
Trisha White Priebe

Sherlock Holmes - it is a name that should turn the most ungodly of criminals white with fear.  I do not know if the author saw this parallel as she wrote, but it explains why Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson, and the variety of crooks, thieves, and murderers, their paths crossed can serve up a month of spiritual lessons for us mere mortals.  

Most devotionals leave me wanting - they are so shallow that they do not touch my heart.  This book is not deep - but with the blend of insights into the world of Sherlock Holmes and into the spiritual world in which we find ourselves I found myself wanting to read more and more. I returned nightly to Ms. Priebe's thoughts, not because I had a review to write, but because I was learning increasingly more about one of my early heroes and about the God who loved me.

No comments: