The Family Bible Devotional
Sarah M, Wells
The subtitle describes this book well: “Stories from the Gospels to help Kids and Parents Love God and Love Others”. What the author has done is to compile a set of 50+ devotionals for parents to share with their children.
After briefly giving some brief suggestions on using the material found in the book, each of the 52 devotions follows a similar pattern:
- A one-paragraph description of the setting for the chosen text.
- The week’s scripture is quoted using The Message
- Some suggested Bible study questions and provide an opportunity for each member of the family to ask their own questions
- “A Closing Thought” summarizing the lessons that may have come from the passage
- A “Prayer Prompt” based on the lesson is provided
- A couple of activities are suggested to help all participants cement the lesson
- Each lesson concludes with a brief bit of trivia taken from scripture, history, culture, etc.
This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review. The opinions expressed are my own.