Friday, April 19, 2019

Better Than Nun - A Review









It is not often that I find a book from Henery Press difficult to recommend, but such is the case for Alice Loweecey’s newest book. Combining the weirdness and comedy of “Scooby Doo” (both literally and figuratively) and the horror of The Exorcist”, this new book did more to drive this reader away from than into the plot. What should have taken three days to read, my normal reading time for a cozy mystery, took me more than a week to complete.

The collection of ghosts, haunted objects, and tarot readings seemed overdone. As an evangelical pastor, I still enjoy an occasional ghost story (see my recent review of Buried In The Stacks), but Better Than Nun did not leave me with the same cozy feeling I expect from others in this genre. I suggest waiting for the next one in the series.
______________
This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review. The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: