Friday, September 16, 2011

Moses Standing Before the Burning Bush

What God Promises to the Israelites:

1. Deliver them out of the hands of the Egyptians
2. Bring them out of that Land to
- a good and broad land
- a land flowing with milk and honey
- the place of
the Canaanites,
the Hittites,
the Amorites,
the Perizzites,
the Hivites,
and the Jebusites.

God promises all this to Moses as he stood, bare foot, before the burning bush. I wonder how Moses felt - meeting God for that first time. He had heard stories about others that had met God. People like Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph. He had probably heard of Job and all of his problems and how God had broken into his life. And now God was breaking into His life. And it all started when Moses was willing to say, "Here I am". (Cp Is 6:1-8)

Have I said, "Here I am!" to God? Have I?


No comments: