Wednesday, April 4, 2012

One Click - A Review

One Click:
Jeff Bezos and the Rise of Amazon.com


by

Richard L. Brandt


A Review



This book was not fiction, but I found it as exciting and as fun to read as many of the fictional thrillers that I have read over the past year. Having grown up in the computer generation (I first used a computer as a senior in high school in 1967-68) and having spent much of my career in Computer Science Education, I found the book a fun way to cap my career as I enter retirement.

Jeff Bezos’ career was an exciting trip from Texas to Washington state. But it was not only a geographical trip, but also an education in business, technology, and personnel. Though the company started with packaging on the floor - the need to add tables seemed to come as a complete surprise to Jeff Bezos.

The reader looking for an insider’s look at a successful dot com company that had its start in the 90’s, would find One Click a gentle read into that history.
______________
This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review. The opinions expressed are my own.


1 comment:

Richard L. Brandt said...

Thank you very much for your kind review.