Sunday, September 30, 2012




Edited By
Bill and Gloria Gaither


A Review

I am not sure what I was expecting; but given the size of this Bible, I did expect something more substantial than what I found. The book is clearly a devotional Bible, not a study Bible. Devotions are prepared by many members of the Gaither Homecoming "family". The history and sources of about one hundred sacred songs (hymns and more contemporary tunes) are included. I would have loved to have a DVD or an on-line resource to access mp3 versions of the many songs. It would have added some value to the book. As one reviewer said, if you are a fan of the Gaithers, you will enjoy this Bible edition. Others may find the book to be of less value - though reading the scriptures, in whatever format, is of great value.

No comments: