Tuesday, July 1, 2014




Nora Bonesteel’s Christmas Past


by
Sharyn McCrumb

A Review

A pleasant, gentle read - that rather than having an exciting plot, the small 150 page novella taught me more about life than most fiction books I read:
It seemed to her that getting old was in itself another country. Sooner or later, cemeteries weren’t full of strangers mostly older than you were; with every passing year they began  lling up with your friends and kinfolk.  The grave gathered in not only people you knew, but people who knew you.

The novella weaves together two stories, unrelated, but connected by the strands of history.  Each addresses the mysterious and how it finds it place into our lives.  Others, like me, may not be as comfortable as some.  But even with those misgivings, I was asked to look at myself - something done by good writing.  
______________

This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: