Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Battlestar Galactica Volume 2: The Adama Gambit - A Review




Battlestar Galactica

Volume 2: The Adama Gambit



Battlestar Galaxtica Cover.jpg

by
Dan Abnett (Author), Robert Place Napton (Author),
Deitrich Smith (Artist), Cezar Razek (Artist), Aneke (Artist),
Kewbar Baal (Artist), Livio Ramondelli (Artist)


A Review


I walked away from Graphic Novels (nee Comic Books) over 50 years ago.  I never expected to return.  However, over the last three years as I have found myself becoming a professional book reviewer, I have again picked up some fun Graphic Novels.  Battlestar Galactica is just the latest in my more recent venture into the venue. Again, I was not disappointed.


The current story has the fleet being chased by the Cylons into a new galaxy - with strange physical and psychological effects.  Commander Adama and his leadership team must protect the fleet from both antagonists. In the process, Commander Adama nearly gives up his command position - a roll the entire fleet needs him to hold.


The graphics are well-done, though they do not fit well onto my 7” tablet’s screen.  I used an 8.9” screen tablet and was satisfied with the results.  Of course, these problems are of no concern when using a paper copy of the book. The plot held my attention as I made my way through the 226 pages of excitement and extended covers included at the end of the book.  


Has it been 50 years since you last looked at a Graphic Novel or Comic Book, it might be fun to take a look at what is now available? 
______________

This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: