Tuesday, October 20, 2015

NIrV Giant Print Holy Bible - A Review




NIrV Giant Print Bible.jpg


A Review


An easy to read Bible version designed for early readers. For many this will mean children, but this edition of the Bible is not designed for children. Given its large print, simple study helps (a dictionary and a list of 150 famous Bible stories) the book is more suitable for those learning English as a Second Language. Though it may not appear to be its target audience, it also might be suitable for use in family reading in families with young children.  


Missing from this edition are many of the standard features found in most Bibles - book introductions, cross references (except when a verse is quoted directly from an earlier book), or instructional helps.  Don’t purchase this Bible as a study Bible or a stand alone devotional Bible. Rooted in the NIV, the NIrV included in this publication has been updated to changes in the latest edition of the NIV.


As I prepared this review, I took time to read a few sections - though I am not a early reader, I found the passages encouraging and uplifting.  I suspect, even as I did, others will as well.
______________

This review is based on a free copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: