Friday, July 7, 2017

Beneath Copper Falls - A Review





Beneath Copper Falls

BeneathCopperFalls.cover.jpg

by
Colleen Coble

A Review

It is not often that I ask to review a book that I do not want to read, but having read two chapters of this book, I know that this book is not for me. Those two chapters contain three episodes of physical abuse.

Now, I normally enjoy a romantic thriller; I enjoy most episodes of Criminal Minds (most, not all). But I also have lived with my wife for almost a half century as we both have struggled with the repercussions of the physical abuse that she and her mom experienced during her childhood. This book starts out with a sufficiently dark tone that I am choosing to not read it.

The publisher offers a gotcha - the reader must review the book and rate it. So my one-star rating is the value of this book to me. I recognize that others will like it more than me, but given my history and that of my wife, this book is not something I can or want to read. Several years ago, as I began reviewing books on a regular basis, I tried to return a book to this publisher because I did not want to read it (I do not remember why). At that time, they allowed me to do so, but was told that writing a poor review was better than not writing one. So I offer this, my brief response, to this book.
______________

This review is based on a free copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review. The opinions are mine alone.

No comments: