Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Irish Parade Murder - A Review

 



Irish Parade Murder

by
Leslie Meier

A Review


I grew up reading Agatha Christie and Sherlock Holmes mysteries - bur that is about as close I got to cozy mysteries until the early 1990s when I discovered the series of Lucy Stone mysteries written by Leslie Meier. I read as many Lucy Stone books as I could for the next seven or eight years; but, because life goes on, I moved to other authors and genres. However, over the past year I have again stumbled upon this imaginative and fun cozy mystery writer. It was eleven months ago I found myself reading British Murder, a compilation of two earlier Lucy Stone books. This past week I found myself reading the newest book in the series, Irish Parade Murder (2021) and I was not disappointed.

Lucy Stone, a reporter for the local small town weekly newspaper, finds herself uncovering the details of a murder for which her main, newly hired, competition at the paper is charged. In the process she finds that she will nearly become the killer’s next victim.

I was up late for two or three nights in a row, not being able to put the book down while my eyes wanted me to put my head down on the pillow. This is a cozy mystery lover’s cozy mystery. I easily give it five stars.
______________
This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review. The opinions are mine alone.




No comments: