Friday, August 13, 2021

Under the Bayou Moon - A Review

 



Under the Bayou Moon  



by

Valerie Fraser Luesse

A Review



I would not have chosen this book if I had a full understanding of what I was getting myself into. Having finished the book, I am glad I read it.

The author introduces the reader to the home of the Cajun and Creole cultures along the bayous of Southern Louisiana. She brings a mixture of adventure, culture, and romance, into a land many of us will never visit. At the same time dirty politics, greed, and family, bring our hearts on a journey that we will not want to miss.


It is not often that a book will leave me with tears in my eyes as I finish it - but this one did both because I really did not want it to end and because I fell in love with the characters (most of them anyways). The book gets five stars.
______________
This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review. The opinions expressed are mine alone.



No comments: