Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Deadly Assets - A Review




Deadly Assets




by
Wendy Tyson


A Review


I continue to enjoy reading the titles coming out of Henery Press.  Deadly Assets is no exception.  Though this title is not quite as “cozy” as others I have read, the book is still a top notch mystery that should delight most fans of the books coming out of this publisher.  

Allison Campbell is a self-described image consultant, what others might call a life coach.  However, as of yesterday, her two most recent clients have disappeared.  Coincidence?  Maybe - maybe not.  It would take Allison and her team of associates working together to come to the bottom of the mystery before one or both of the clients would not just be missing but also dead.

The book was fun to read, though it did seem to slow down as I reached the 60% point of the book.  This was balanced by details I learned about my home in Upstate NY and Southeast PA, as well a number of subjects of lesser interest to me.  I found Jason’s observation very helpful in restating a truth I learned some years ago as my wife and I (now together for 40 years) went through some times, “When you love someone, trust can feel an awful lot like letting go.”  It was true when I learned it - it is true now.

Was this the perfect cozy mystery - NO.  But it was worth my time reading it from beginning to end.  I suspect many other will find this to be true as well.  
______________
This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: