Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Job - A Review








Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg

A Review


Though I have heard of Janet Evanovich, I have never read a book written by her.  I have read several of the Monk books written by Lee Goldberg - and it was his name on the front cover that drew me to this book.  I was not disappointed.


I felt like I was at home watching TV as I read this fun book that took me from California to Europe.


  1. There were the relationships of Bones or Castle.
  2. There was the cunning of Leverage.
  3. There was the mystery of Simon & Simon
  4. There was the fun of Psych


Somebody took them all, put them into a blender, and came out with smoothie called “The Job”.  It was not one of those awful looking, green drinks as seen on late night TV; rather it was as sweet as an Orange Julius found at the state fair on a hot afternoon.  The characters worked well together, the con was just elaborate enough that it pulls the audience and the participants in so he or she is convinced it will blow up, and the climax comes together so the reader says, “Wow!!”  


Though this is the third book in the series, this reader is determined to step back in time and find copies of the first two books (“The Heist” and “The Chase”) to watch the crew pull off another set of well-played cons on a deserving crook.  
______________

This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: