Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Star Trek: Volume 11 - A Review





Star Trek (Vol 11).jpg




A Review


All the original characters from the original Star Trek are back - Captain Kirk, Spock, Dr. McCoy, Bones, Sulu, Uhura, etc. In one episode we even meet Dr. Julian Bashir (from Deep Space 9) and Dr. Beverly Crusher from a future U.S.S. Enterprise. We even find a visit from the Hologram Doctor that served the personnel on the U.S.S. Voyager. Together they bring together the spirit, fun, and adventure found throughout the Star Trek Universe.


Three stories (2 - forty page stories and 1 - twenty page story) take the reader through several decades of space travel. The crew’s adventures required breaking the prime directive and finding a cure for a devastating illness that incapacitates without killing its victims.


Was I sitting on the edge of my seat? No - I have seen enough Star Trek episodes who wins each battle; regardless, I was eagerly awaiting the climax of each episode to see how the actors would get out of the various situations in which they found themselves. I was taken back to my high school years when Star Trek first hit the airwaves. This graphic novel made it a pleasant journey.
______________

This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: