Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The Woman's Study Bible NKJV (e-book) - A Review





The Woman's Study Bible
NKJV
(e-book)

Womens Study Bible.cover.jpg

A Review

I have reviewed a number of Study Bibles and Devotional Bibles, but I have never been stymied to write a review by the nature of the e-book itself. At least until now.

I originally expected to receive a paper copy of this Bible - but received an e-book instead. The e-book was provided as both a mobi (i.e. Kindle) format and an ePub (i.e. Nook) format. I chose to explore the ePub version - and had a mixed reaction to what I found.

The footnotes, sidenotes, and essays, that I could find were well-written and helpful. However, unlike a paper copy, this reader found it difficult to “page” through the various notes and helps. I felt hampered - the most valuable material was hard to access. This was complicated by the fact that after following a link there often was no simple mechanism to return to the original location.

I expect that a paper edition would overcome most of these difficulties - so I have given it a three-star review. I would prefer to not rate this e-book at all (note - this is not saying zero stars). I would probably give a paper copy four or five stars. The material is useful and helpful - just not accessible.
______________

This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: