Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The Lost Pulse - A Review






The Lost Pulse 




by
J. K. Kelly


It is not often that I request a book that I feel less than satisfied reading.  This book, however, does fall into that category. Let me suggest three reasons that I find this book less than satisfying.  


First, though written as a political drama, it also is a work of science fiction. I do occasionally enjoy a science fiction title, but not often. This title fell short of catching my interests. When I discovered this, I was tempted to put the book down - though I continued to read.


Second, the author is a strong conservative and supporter of gun rights. Though I write my reviews as a conservative-evangelical Christian, I have a difficult time supporting the positions normally held by the NRA as this author appears to do. When I discovered this, I was tempted to put the book down - though I continued to read.


Finally, I found the book served more like a brick than as an inviting story. Though this issue would not prevent me from reading more, when combined with the two previous issues, it was at this point (one-third of the way through the book) that I decided to set the book aside and move onto other reading material.


I recognize that all three of these reasons for finding this book less enjoying than I hoped are very personal. The book does have a hint of Christian theology, though it is not intentionally written from that perspective. The characters do seem real and face real-life problems on a daily basis. There will be readers that would find the book satisfying. I have friends who will find this book more to their liking than this reader. They enjoy science fiction, they support (some strongly) the NRA, and they enjoy a deep story as much as I do.


This book may be for others, it was not for me.
______________

This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are my own.





No comments: