Monday, February 3, 2020

5-Minute Bible Study for Men - A Review




5-Minute Bible Study for Men


by
David Sanford

A set of easily read Bible Studies designed for men. If I were reviewing the Bible Studies themselves, I could easily give book 4- or 4-½-stars - they are practical and are based on the text with sufficient depth to be of interest to men from a variety of backgrounds - pastoral, professional, blue-collar, etc.

My biggest concern, and the reason my review only gives 3-stars, is the lack of a table of contents or an index. A table of contents would provide access to the studies in the order found in the text. Indexes would allow the reader to find all studies referencing a specific scripture passage. A topical index would provide access to studies focusing on topics of interest to the reader. With neither a table of contents nor an index, much of the material is not easily accessible to the reader - except by stumbling upon it.

The book would make a good gift, but I would hesitate adding it to my personal library
______________

This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review. The opinions expressed are my own.




No comments: