Monday, September 14, 2020

Point of Danger - A Review

 



Point of Danger

by

Irene Hannon

Irene Hannon presents a morning talk show host, Eve Reilly, whose job and life are being threatened from three very distinct directions. Detective Brent Lange will be responsible for following the clues. He has three problems - it is his first case as a newly hired detective and he is quickly falling for Eve and he does not handle relationships well.

The author has created a believable faith-based suspense novel. The context is current starring, among others, none other than the bane of the conservative movement, a group of antifas. The story moves quickly as the reader tracks the various villains found in the story.  My only complaint was the transitions found in the middle of most chapters as the spotlight moves from protagonist to detective to antagonist to supporting characters. I found myself having to highlight these unexpected transitions as I tracked the story. I would hope these transitions might be better marked in the final text. In spite of this minor difficulty, I have no problem in giving this a five-star review. 

______________ This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are my own.




No comments: