Sunday, September 13, 2020

World’s Greatest Wonders - A Review

 




World’s Greatest
Wonders


Chartwell Books has put together a great collection of pictures and text walking the reader through the “World’s Greatest Wonders” - both man-made and natural. 

The book starts out by examining 18 man-made sites - ancient (Stonehenge) and modern (Sydney Opera House). None of these were unfamiliar to me, but the images and the accompanying text provided more detail than I had previously had known. This is followed by 12 gorgeous sets of images of natural landmarks. I was surprised that some of these were new to me (e.g. Iguazu Falls and Anjajavy). 

Together, the 30 sites chosen provided an education and sparked a wish (alas, only a wish) that I could visit the sites. A paper copy of the book would make a good coffee table book. An electronic copy can be expanded, allowing a closer view of places and things only seen in broad swaths of images in the past. This is easily a five-star review.   

______________ This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are my own.





No comments: