Friday, July 16, 2021

Off The Pages - A Review

 



Off The Pages



by


Alejandro Gonzalez


A Review


Off the Pages is one of the few books I have reviewed that I have a hard time recommending. Its language and violence would require an ‘R’ rating if transformed, as is, into a movie. Though written for a teen audience, I would have a difficult time offering it to the teens in my life. The characters were sometimes hard to follow - at times, making me wonder whether the story was covering the good guys or the bad guys.

The one redeeming quality was as a commentary on the 2016 or 2020 elections - where Obama had a literal role in the plot and Trump had a virtual role, though never being named specifically. I can only give the book two stars.
______________
This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review. The opinions expressed are mine alone.


No comments: