Friday, November 26, 2021

Feel Your Way Through - A Review

 



Feel Your Way Through




by

Kelsea Ballerina

A Review

like a dandelion can bloom
through a crack in granite

you can become something beautiful
wherever you’re planted

Kelsea Ballerina, country star, has published a set of 52 poems designed to be read and thought over. She touches on helpful subjects (as demonstrated by the example above) and some very difficult subjects (eating disorders, gun violence, and suicide). These obviously come from a heart that has experience brokenness and found relief from her pain.

I was touched by the authenticity the author brought to her work. Though each poem did not touch my pain points, they did touch me as I moved through the collection. Many were meaningful to this reader and forced him to re-examine his own walk through recovery.

I may have met Kelsea Ballerina through her music; but I will remember her because of her poetry. I give this collection five-stars.
______________
This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review. The opinions expressed are mine alone.



No comments: