Thursday, November 4, 2021

Her Daily Bread - A Review

 



Her Daily Bread




by

Kate Wood

Reviewing this book requires me to ask two questions First, would I purchase this book for myself?  Second, would I purchase this book for my wife or daughter-in-law?

This is a devotional book with one recipe substituted per week in lieu of the devotional. The devotionals are personal reflections on the author’s life. They each conclude with a Biblical reference or two, related to though not directly addressed in the daily devotionals.  The individual entries are not scholarly, but they are well-written thoughts offered for six days a week for a year. 

The recipes offered each week come from seven distinct categories: Snacks, Soups, “Sides, Salads, and Sauces”, Entrees, Breakfast, Beverages, and Desserts. The recipes, themselves, are a bit more high-end than I would expect at my daily family’s meals - perhaps at a special meal when entertaining guests.

 

Back to my two questions. Would I buy this book for myself: NO! Would I buy this book for my wife or daughter-in-law: maybe, as a birthday or Christmas present? They would find refreshment in the devotionals. I do not know how much use they would make of the recipes.  I will give the book 3-½ stars.

______________ This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are mine alone.




No comments: