Friday, October 17, 2014

Deceived - A Review




Deceived




by
Irene Hannon
A Review


Deceived is a romantic thriller well-worth the time spent reading, except for one small flaw.  First, what did I like.  The story starts 15 miles from my home near the Rochester, NY, metropolitan area.  Hilton is a township with a population of 6000 located on the shores of Lake Ontario.  The death of Kate Marshall’s husband and son had sent her for a tailspin - including an addiction to valium.  


But life was about to change when a young boy, about her son’s age, crossed her path as she rode down the escalator.  Her life again took a tailspin, but this time she found the help she needed in the person of Connor Sullivan, former Secret Service agent and now a partner of Phoenix, Inc.  For the next four weeks life went up and down as Kate, Connor, and other members of the Phoenix staff looked for answers in the past and the future.


The book will hold the reader’s attention - a bit of healthy romance will draw in the attention of whose interest lies in that direction, the thrill of the hunt will draw in those looking for a more thrill centered experience.  A hint of faith will also draw the Christian reader’s attention to the book.  


If this is the reader’s first look at a book by Irene Hannon, he or she will not be disappointed.  On the other hand, that is exactly where I found disappointment.  The plot of this third book in the Private Justice series paralleled her second book (which I previously reviewed) so closely, I found myself anticipating much of the book before I read it.  Had I not read an earlier book, this book could have received a five.  With the very similar plot lines of the two books, I will give this book 3.5 stars.   
______________

This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: