Tuesday, October 28, 2014

It Is Well With My Soul - A Review




It Is Well With My Soul




by
Shelly Beach


A Review


One of my favorite self-help books was written by M. Scott Peck.  I know that not all of my readers will agree with all that he has written - I don’t either.  But the first words I read by him still ring true, “Life is difficult.”  


Though Shelly Beach may not quote M. Scott Peck, her thesis is that what he wrote was true.  Using the difficult life she has experienced and the lives of others, she has written a devotional that focuses on the lessons that can be learned from the pain can come from life - whether it be health issues, family problems, or aging itself.  No one is removed from the pains of life - but we have the choice as to whether they will draw us closer to God or allow us to run from him.  A choice we each have to make.


As a spiritual leader for a small group of seniors, I am becoming increasingly aware of how people can be empowered or frightened by an unknown future.  It is my pleasure to walk with them as they seek to find their way in God’s world.  This book will help me and my friends in that journey.
______________

This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are my own.



No comments: