Monday, February 15, 2021

Her Every Move - A Review




Her Every Move


by

Kelly Irwin


A Review


 Reading is a gift. I read when I can’t sleep
I read when I’m sad. I read when I’m happy.
Reading gives me joy,
takes me places I’ve never been,
and I learn things.
What person wouldn’t want that gift?”

(Her Every Move, p. 343)


Though it opens a bit slowly, Her Every Move becomes a heart stopper as Jackie Santora, San Antonio Public Library librarian, and SAPD Detective Avery Wick stumble among the various suspects who may be placing bombs around the city. They have identified three or four, but could it be somebody who has not yet been named.

The book builds believable characters within a real-life setting (downtown San Antonio and the Alamo) to create a thrilling story that this reader could not put down. I now want to add San Antonio to my bucket list of places to visit.

Kelly Irwin has given us a faith-based thriller that explores the doubt that many live with when life gets tough without being preachy. It does not resolve those questions, but in a well-written story she allows the reader to explore those themes along with the book’s characters. I give the book four-stars.
______________
This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review. The opinions are mine alone.



No comments: