Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Aftermath - A Review

 



Aftermath


by

Terri Blackstock

A Review

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High

will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress,

my God, in whom I trust...”

{Psalm 91:1-2 ESV}


Taylor Reid and her friends had come for the concert, not the politician. When the concert was over, they still stayed to see what the politician might say. They never heard him. Before he could speak, the platform exploded and the venue erupted into chaos. Taylor managed to escape, but then she had to juggle the “Aftermath”.

Terri Blackstock, as expected, has written a compelling legal thriller that held this reader’s attention from Chapter 1 to the very end. Jamie Powell would need to use her skills as a lawyer to protect her client (and, at times, herself) from the police who were certain he was guilty and Taylor who believed what the police said and what she heard on the news.

Though the book was a normal 300+ page book, it is the first time I completed reading a book in a little over 24+ hour - I literally could not put it down. I easily give it 5-stars.

______________

This review is based on a free electronic copy provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review.  The opinions expressed are mine alone.  


No comments: